Book Signing

Book Signing
San Antonio

Sunday, March 9, 2014


 The World is  Mine...Author unknown

Today, upon a bus, I saw a very beautiful  woman
and wished I were as beautiful. When suddenly she rose  to leave, I saw her hobble down the aisle. She had one leg and used  a crutch.
But as she passed, she passed a smile. Oh, God, forgive  me when I whine.  I have two legs; the world is  mine.

I stopped to buy some  candy. The lad who sold it had such charm. I talked with him, he  seemed so glad.  If I were late, it'd do no harm. And as I  left, he said to me, "I thank you, you've been so kind. It's nice  to talk with folks like you. You see," he said, "I'm blind." Oh,  God, forgive me when I whine.  I have two eyes; the world is  mine.

Later while walking down the street, I saw a  child I knew. He stood and watched the others play, but he did not  know what to do. I stopped a moment and then I said, "Why don't you  join them, Dear?" He looked ahead without a word.  I forgot,  he couldn't hear. Oh, God, forgive me when I whine.  I have  two ears; the world is mine.

With feet to take me  where I'd go.  With eyes to see the sunset's  glow.With ears to hear what I would know. Oh, God, forgive me when I whine. I've been blessed indeed, the world is  mine.

This poem; after all,
is just a simple reminder that we have so much  to be thankful   for!

No comments:

Post a Comment